E-Malt.com weekly newsletter
Week May 20-26, 2002
1. Trading info. 2. Industry news. 3. Malt markets and prices. 4. Malting barley prices.
1. Trading info
Actually there are two DEMANDS for 3000 tons of barley, an OFFER for 1500 tons of malt and two OFFERS for 3000 tons of barley on the trading portal www.e-malt.com
- Demand for 1000 mtons of barley, 6RW Esterel, crop 2002, in bulk, delivery November 2002 to March 2003, at EUR 110.00 /mton, basis July 2002, FOB Creil (to see the barley request, please view code BR2205O1737)
- Demand for 2000 mtons of barley, 2RS Prisma, crop 2002, in bulk, delivery first half of year 2003, at EUR 131.50 /mton, basis July 2002, FOB Creil (to see the barley request, please view code BR1005O1347)
- Offer for 1500 mtons of malt, Any 2RS(100%), crop 2001, in bulk, delivery June - July 2002, at EUR 285.00 /mton, FOB UK. (to see the malt offer, please view code MF1705O1226)
- Offer for 1500 mtons of barley, 2RS Scarlet, crop 2003, in bulk, delivery October 2003/March 2004, at EUR 146.00 /mton, basis July 2003, FOB Moselle (to see the barley offer, please view code BF2105O1407)
- Offer for 1500 mtons of barley, 2RS Scarlet, crop 2003, in bulk, delivery October 2003/March 2004, at EUR 138.00 /mton, basis July 2003, FOB Creil (to see the barley offer, please view code BF2105O1420)
2. Industry news
TTC a drinks company from Thailand holding a 60% market share in the Thai beer market has recently completed its portfolio by acquiring 25% from the shares of Lao Brewery, a state controlled brewer from Laos.
This is an important purchase aimed to strengthen the TTC’s position in this region as Lao Brewery is the most powerful brewer in Laos controlling 98% of Laotian beer market.
Thus,Lao Brewery which so far was completely controlled by Laos government will have henceforth other 2 owners, one is TTC and another is its partner, Carlsberg Asia which has also acquired a 25 % stake in Lao .
Those who are willing to invest in the Russian Sun Interbrew, the subsidiary of Giant Interbrew from Belgium, will have now the real possibility to realize their wish, as Sun Interbrew is going to issue shares amounting to EUR 42.000.000.
Last year Sun Interbrew has borrowed money to acquire Rogani brewery from Ukraine and now it will use the money from this issue for paying off
Pivovarna Lasko the leading brewery in Slovenia, will obtain a rise of USD $53.20 million in its capital by issuing 2.2 mln shares........[www.e-malt.com]
South African Breweries International (SABI), the subsidiary of the greatest brewery from South Africa – South African Breweries has signed an important contract with the subsidiary of Diageo , East African Breweries Limited (EABL)........[www.e-malt.com]
3. Malt markets and prices.
||DESTINATION / ORIGIN
||2rS any variety
||2rS any variety
||2rS any variety
Theoretical malt prices for crop 2001 and 2002 are available on the site www.e-malt.com
4. Malting barley prices, French barley prices
nq - Not quoted
|EURO = USD 0.9203 May 22,2002
| Crop year
|| FOB Creil
|| July 2002
Prices for Danish and UK malting barley are available on the site www.e-malt.com
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions or remarks, you can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have received this newsletter by a colleague, you can obtain your own free subscription at
If you do not wish to receive our newsletter, please unsubscribe from our mailing list using unsubscribe form from our site!
Copyright © E-Malt s.a. 2001