E-Malt.com weekly newsletter
Week May 27 - June 02, 2002
1. Trading info. 2. Industry news. 3. Malt markets and prices. 4. Malting barley prices.
1. Trading info
Actually there are 4 DEMANDS for 6100 tons of barley on the trading portal www.e-malt.com
- Demand for 1600 mtons of barley, 2RS Scarlet, crop 2001, in bulk, delivery June 2002, parity DDP, 800 tons to Kursk and 800 tons to Povolzie (Russia), Price is open for offers (to see the barley request, please view code BR3005O1100)
- Demand for 1000 mtons of barley, 2RS Astoria, crop 2002, in bulk, delivery November 2002 to March 2003, at EUR 123.00 /mton, basis July 2002, FOB Creil (to see the barley request, please view code BR1307O1240)
- Demand for 1500 mtons of barley, 2RS Prisma, crop 2002, in bulk, delivery November 2002 to March 2003, at EUR 131.00 /mton, basis July 2002, FOB Creil (to see the barley request, please view code BR1307O1217)
- Demand for 2000 mtons of barley, 2RS Scarlet, crop 2002, in bulk, delivery November 2002 to March 2003, at EUR 129.50 /mton, basis July 2002, FOB Creil (to see the barley request, please view code BR1307O1151)
2. Industry news
TShaw Wallace, a company specialized in drinks production from India has negotiations with South African Breweries concerning the sale of a 35% stake from its stock to African Brewer. It is expected that the final result of these talks will be announced in few weeks.
Besides the fact that Philip Morris wants USD 5 milliard for selling its Miller to South African Breweries (SAB), it has presented another request – the American giant wants two places in the SAB’s board of directors........[www.e-malt.com]
Panonska brewery from Croatia will have henceforth two owners : Denmanrk’s Carlsberg and the Investment Fund for Central and Eastern Europe.
The change of ownership at Panonska happened after Carlsberg Breweries bought 40% of the Panonska ‘s stock from Podravka Food Industries' against the amount of USD 11000000.
A new beer brand will be launched this summer by the Brazilian brewer Schincariol.........[www.e-malt.com]
3. Malt markets and prices.
||DESTINATION / ORIGIN
||2rS any variety
||292.00 - 294.00
||2rS any variety
||285.00 - 290.00
Theoretical malt prices for crop 2001 and 2002 are available on the site www.e-malt.com
4. Malting barley prices, French barley prices
nq - Not quoted
|EURO = USD 0.9356 May 30,2002
| Crop year
|| FOB Creil
|| July 2002
Prices for Danish and UK malting barley are available on the site www.e-malt.com
If you have any comments, questions, suggestions or remarks, you can send a mail to email@example.com
If you have received this newsletter by a colleague, you can obtain your own free subscription at
If you do not wish to receive our newsletter, please unsubscribe from our mailing list using unsubscribe form from our site!
Copyright © E-Malt s.a. 2001